VALUED PACKING LIST IN OCEAN FREIGHT
Do not confuse a packing list (1) used for commercial international ocean freight shipments and a Valued Packing List (2) used by origin and destination Customs in purpose to control legality of commodity and assign duty, taxes etc (if any) on the international ocean freight shipment at the destination.
- When shipping a commercial international ocean freight shipment, a packing list usually attached to a commercial invoice. It provides additional details on goods being shipped overseas if it is not shown in the commercial invoice.
- A Valued Packing List in ocean freight, in certain cases (particularly when shipping Household Goods and Personal Belongings that are not for sale), acts as an alternative to a proforma commercial invoice.
When shipping Household Goods and Personal Belongings usung international ocean freight service, shipper describe commodity and assigns value of each item in form of Valued Packing List.
Valued Packing List for shipping Household Goods and Personal Belongings from the USA using ocean freight must be in English and provide the following information:
- The port of entry to which the goods are designated;
- Shippers and Consignee (Recipient) full name, address and contact information;
- Detailed description of goods being shipped;
- The quantities in weight and measures and;
- Value of each item in USD assigned by the shipper;
Our online form for filling out a Valued Packing List when shipping Household Goods or Personal Effects from the USA usung ocean freight sevice
Our clients are able to fill out and submit a Valued Packing List online via a link in our shipping instructions using standard form accepted by U.S. Customs. We will e-mail you this link in our shipping insrtuctions upon your booking request online.
You may try fully working simplified version of the shipping document in this link
Notice: Valued Packing List in our ocean freight shipping instructions is unique. It is generated individually on your sea freight shipment and pre-formatted based on the information that you had provide when booked your international shipment online in our web site.
IMPORTANT: While submitting your shipping documents online double-check all info in the shipping documents. If you see errors or typos, then re-submit these shipping document or ask us to correct it via e-mail.
During submitting of your shipping documents for your international ocean freight shipment online you will have several opportunities to edit and re-submit these shipping documents. However, as soon as shipping documents are submitted to the ocean freight carrier, all further correction in these shipping documents will be possible only at a time when you recover your ocean freight at the destination.